Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Lodger (SPOILERS - highlight to read)

Woah! Cool stuff. I'm loving this episode. I'm talking to Henry on the phone as I watch it so I only just remembered to be writing this. I guess a little post-watch reflection is fine. So this is really cool, dude. I mean, not the coolest, but really well executed. The Doctor makes a really terrible human. And I swear he's going senile. He didn't used to be like that. I mean really, he didn't used to act as if he wanted to ruin peoples lives so completely. Only an old old man could be that uncool and harmful.

So yeah. The premise was a little random, and the overall plot wasn't really that interesting I don't think, and the whole "Doctor makes a terrible human, look at him screw stuff up" thing could have been terrible, but I think Matt pulled it off really well. And who doesn't love a good shower scene? Unless it's, you know, John Pertwee. Like it Spearhead from Space. That was just strange a little shocking and upsetting. Matt Smith, though. Not upsetting in the slightest. No sir.

I don't know, I can't think of that much to say about this one. It's really only interesting to watch, not much to talk about. Maybe I'll watch it again at some point and add to this post. Certainly add some quotes when I get around to it. Now, back to Warrior's Gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment