Thursday, June 17, 2010

Bad Wolf/The Parting of the Ways

Let's do some New Who! I never actually watched the finale of the first season. I started it, but I was watching with my dad and there were a lot of British cultural references I knew he wouldn't get. So here I am. I do kind of like Christopher Eccleston, he's funny and kind of... alive and real. Got to a point in his life (the Doctor, I mean, I know nothing about Christopher Eccleston) where he's done so much and seen so much as to be totally angry and broken, but Rose kind of fixed him and he can be happy for real again. Ok, I still haven't seen the movie so I don't know about Eight or anything, but I like Nine, ok? Nowhere near as sexy as Ten, obviously, but funny and neat.

I do love these references. I don't get them 100%, but enough. Anyway, Nine is sweet. Kind of oblivious, in his own world, cute. Argh, stretchy camera! And I always knew these shows were pure evil. And Anne Robinson doesn't look very different from real life...

Ugh, Jack... and the laser gun thing... let's just not... I'd be very upset if this were an American show.

I'd just like to say, I mean, obviously the Doctor won't sacrifice a friend to get rid of the Daleks' bargaining chip, but to be honest, didn't he destroy his entire planet and kill everyone on it to end the war? I still find that a little out of character. I mean, yeah it is a neat aspect to the new series, that he's the only Time Lord left, but I really don't understand why he did that. He doesn't run out of options... except I guess in a gigantic war too awful to even show the audience the options really could have been Gallifrey or the universe.

Yeah, they did die for nothing! Romana died for nothing.

Man, he is always doing that to Rose, lying to her and sending her away. What a jerk.

I've got to watch The End of Time Again. I mean, I don't want to waste time I could be watching episodes I haven't seen before, but I really want to see those again and I don't think I paid enough attention the first time. Anyway, I think I've seen from here while going back to see important parts of series 1, so I'll leave you. This was fun, eh?

Hey, I just realized something! The Doctor probably didn't know Jack was still alive! He thought he died and didn't realize what Rose meant when she was talking about bringing life or breathing life or whatever. So he didn't abandon him the way I thought, callous and without thinking about it. He thought he was dead, so he just left. He didn't go back for Lynda either. I feel better now.

Christopher Eccleston has funny ears.

1 comment:

  1. During Utopia it is implied that the Doctor realized Jack was still alive but was so innately averse to his being a fixed point in space and time that he left him, ran away from something that seemed "wrong." So yeah he was kinda a jerk.
    "There I was, ankle deep in Dalek dust and he goes off without me!" - Jack, Utopia.
    If you don't remember the 3rd series ending I'd recommend you watch them again, they're really excellent and definitely some of my favorites. Plus they've got the Master. Singing.

    ReplyDelete