Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Castrovalva

Ok, I know I said I wanted to go back and watch more Tom Baker, but Peter Davison just looked so cute sitting up in Four's clothes like that, I just had to continue with this story. So here we go. Suddenly it's weird having the Doctor be so young. He's all cute and confused. It's suddenly disorienting to have the Doctor suddenly be someone else. And he's acting really weird. I've never had regeneration feel so bewildering. He's all... thinking he's other Doctors and talking to the Brigadier and Jamie. And for some reason his new outfit is waiting for him in front of a mirror. And there's the recorder from Two, but no. His prop is to be a fucking cricket bat. And here's his room - a cricket enthusiast haven. Why you ask? Crack. Pure crack. Pure, unadulterated, totally canon crack.

Waugh!! He's floating! The Zero Room is cool! This is how he sleeps here, I guess. Neat. Tegan is Australian. Hey! The brainy specs! D'aww...

I do like him. I mean, he's no Tom Baker, but Four was getting so angry and distant by the end anyway... maybe that's just what happens to them? I mean it never happened to Nine, but Ten certainly went batshit for a while before he regenerated.

What the...? What the hell are those people wearing? I mean really. Seriously, you people look ridiculous.

Ok, spent a lot of time just watching and absorbing there. Basically the guy who everyone thought was in charge of Castrovalva was actually the Master in disguise, and Castrovalva was a creation projected by Adric's mind, as was the instruction manual in the TARDIS computer. The Master made some funny faces and poses when he thought the Doctor was evading him. I don't know, their relationship is very odd at this point. And the Master is still an expert weirdo.

No comments:

Post a Comment