Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Greatest Show in the Galaxy

Awesome! I loved it! In spite of the rapping! I loved this episode for several reasons.

1. It was one of those episodes that managed to make you think what was going on was terribly important, even though it actually only affected a relatively small group of people. I mean, the Gods of Ragnarok are pretty sinister, but they were basically just terrorizing one group of ex-hippies and anyone who was dumb enough to wander into their circus. You cared so much about what was going on, it felt desperately important, even though it really wasn't.

2. It had some of the good elements of a New Who special, mostly in that you met a lot of really cool characters you're never going to see again (Mags, Bell Boy, King Pin/Deadbeat).

3. It had scary, evil clowns, which may not seem at first like a good thing, but I'm glad they portrayed clowns that way. Horrible creatures.

4. It had Ace!

5. It had the Doctor doing MAGIC TRICKS!!!

6. The dilema of whether or not the original hippies who founded the circus were right in thinking that they could make something that was just for fun that could last in peace like they envisioned. Obviously it didn't work out that way in this case, but the question is whether they were stupid for thinking it could.

I actually watched this episode before Full Circle, but I also watched it before I started this blog, and I couldn't resist writing about it since I love it so much. That's why this response comes so soon after the one for Full Circle.



On a side note, I just realized there was someone working on the show called Jeff Jeffery.

No comments:

Post a Comment