Thursday, June 10, 2010

Introduction Post

Hello, and welcome to the blog that will be chronicling my journey through the history of Doctor Who, from 1963 to 2010. This summer, I intend to watch (in no particular order) every episode of Doctor Who that is available (this rules out things like the last part of William Hartnell's last episode, which was lost by Blue Peter). The reasons I am not watching the episodes in order are thus: I have already seen enough out of order that it seems silly to go back and do them in order, I know enough of the history that they will make sense out of order anyway, and I am impatient. Each episode I watch, I will blog about here. I am counting one episode as all parts of one serial, which were produced all under the same name back in the day anyhow. Fun!

Entries for new (11th Doctor) episodes WILL contain spoilers.

These are the episodes I have seen prior to beginning this blog:

Robot
The Ark in Space
The Sontaran Experiment
Genesis of the Daleks
Destiny of the Daleks
City of Death
The Creature from the Pit
Nightmare of Eden
The Horns of Nimon
The Leisure Hive
Meglos
State of Decay
The Five Doctors
Dragonfire
The Happiness Patrol
The Greatest Show in the Galaxy
Rose
The End of the World
Dalek
The Empty Child
The Doctor Dances
New Earth
Tooth and Claw
The Girl in the Fireplace
Rise of the Cybermen
The Age of Steel
The Idiot's Lantern
The Impossible Planet
The Satan Pit
Love and Monsters
Fear Her
Army of Ghosts
Doomsday
The Runaway Bride
Smith and Jones
The Shakespeare Code
Gridlock
Daleks in Manhattan
Evolution of the Daleks
The Lazarus Experiment
42
Human Nature
The Family of Blood
Blink
Utopia
The Sound of Drums
Last of the Time Lords
Time Crash
Voyage of the Damned
Partners in Crime
Planet of the Ood
The Sontaran Stratagem
The Poison Sky
The Unicorn and the Wasp
Silence in the Library
Forest of the Dead
Midnight
Turn Left
The Stolen Earth
Journey's End
The Next Doctor
Planet of the Dead
The Waters of Mars
The End of Time
The Eleventh Hour
The Beast Below
Victory of the Daleks
The Time of Angels
Flesh and Stone
Vampires in Venice
Amy's Choice
The Hungry Earth

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...this is very interesting.

    This task seems highly ambitious, but I applaud your profound desire to accomplish the journey of watching every single Doctor Who episode. I wish I could do the same, but my days consist of studying while listening to music many people my age would never consider, nor recognize since most of it is "outdated." I was browsing the internet when the Web God of Fate sent me to your blog, in which I found immediate interest. I do hope to continue reading your hilarious posts, and maybe one day we will converse about things other than Doctor Who. You seem like a fun person. Alas, I will allow you to continue your spree by ending this rambling, ridiculously personal post.

    ReplyDelete