Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Twin Dilemma

Wow, the 6th Doctor is a prick. No, really, he is. Not only is he the first and only (to my knowledge) Doctor to see his reflection for the first time and be delighted by what he sees, he also thinks he's an improvement on Five! What a nerve! Peri says she's sad because the last him was sweet and he goes "Sweet? Sweet?! That says it all." Also, he sees his awful coat and is immediately entranced. I knew he was a prick from the first moment he sat up and was rude to Peri after she'd just seen her friend die. Good lord he's awful. And Peri knows it. She sees his outfit and goes "You can't go out dressed like that!"

WOAH HOLY FUCK that one alien is definitely Barf's dad. This is weird. That old guy just brainwashed and abducted these two little kids who are twins and dangerously brilliant. Oh good lord, is he making that harpsichord music?? I hope not. Hmm, perhaps his regeneration (or the TARDIS?) is directing him to this new adventure. He wanted to go to the Eye of Orion but he forgot the coordinates. Or maybe he's just crazy... he thinks Peri is an alien spy and he's trying to strangle her. And now he's doing that fetal position crying thing again. I can see what the director meant when he recommended that Colin Baker tone it the fuck down. He is overwhelming. One episode at a time, I swear. Four next. I miss a good Doctor.

Oh. What a shock. Something is going wrong with his regeneration. Three, Five, Six, Seven, Ten, all had more than the expected confusion. God, Six is like a nightmare combination of One and Seven, plus Mr. Miller and someone obsessed with overcompensation. And now he's trying to fucking kidnap Peri and make her live with him as a hermit because of some kind of cosmic guilt he's feeling. I challenge anyone to be eager to travel with this dickweed.

And this beetle/gorilla sounds like he has a cold and is really angry about it and is having to shout through a wall. Ok, this is the Doctor really endangering people, and for no fucking reason this time. I'm really upset about this idiot being the Doctor. I'm glad he's not him for very long. GOD WILL HE EVER SHUT UP??? I HATE THIS BASTARD!! I REFUSE TO WATCH ANOTHER EPISODE. I'M GOING TO KILL MYSELF NO SCRATCH THAT I'LL SLAUGHTER COLIN BAKER HOW DARE HE MAKE THE DOCTOR SUCH A PRICK. He must be the failed prototype of Seven. They wanted someone who talked funny and was a thespian and didn't abide disinterest, so they invented Six. Then they realized their horrible mistake and fixed him up before Sylvester McCoy came around. Oh for fuck's sake, TONE IT DOWN, BAKER. At least Peri hates the fucker too. I can hardly stand this. I thought maybe, just maybe his first couple seconds really weren't indicative. They sometimes aren't, they haven't written the character yet and the actor hasn't made his decisions yet. But this time they were. They really were. Those first few seconds showed him as a prick, and indeed he is one. I don't even care what's going on in this episode. I mean, I care about the little kids, but I really wish the Doctor weren't the one saving them. I almost want him to fail just so I can see him fail, even if the kids become casualties of his failure.

Ah! Peri thinks the Doctor has died. It's a cliffhanger and he definitely isn't dead, but I'll believe he is and go watch another episode. Hooray!

1 comment: