Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Survival

KITTIES!!!!! KITTIES KITTIES KITTIES KITTIES KITTIES!!!!!!! KITTIES EVERYWHERE!!! I LOVE KITTIES!!! THE MASTER HOLDING A KITTY!!! ACE HOLDING A KITTY!! KITTIES ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway. This is the episode where the Master is turning into a cheetah person for some reason and there are kitties. There are also people in cheetah suits, they're not as adorable. The Master is getting this beautiful black kitty to teleport people to this barren wasteland of the Cheetah People who then eat the people teleported there, but only if you try to run away from them. They like to play with their food (they are cats, after all). Anyway, I'm reading this fic that goes very deep into the history between the Doctor and the Master and that makes watching this episode all the more interesting.

Oh, um, also? This is the last episode of the classic series. Maybe I shouldn't be watching it... maybe I really should save it for last. But I don't think it acts like the last episode of the classic series, so it won't feel like premature closure, right? Who knows. I'm enjoying it so I'll keep watching.

Well, I finished it. I probably shouldn't have, but I did. The Master was turning into a Cheetah person (whose fucking idea was that?) and some other stuff happened, and there were some great Doctor/Master moments. But the ending line to end all ending lines - as the Doctor and Ace walk off into the fucking sunset:

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. Where the seas sleep, and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment